Tips for Preparing for Exams
MAKE AN EXAM STUDY SCHEDULE
Your study schedule might include the following steps:
● Attend work periods for classes in which you need extra support.
● Review all tests and quizzes.
● Reread and underline class notes.
● Make flash cards, a mind map, a list, or an outline.
● If your class uses a textbook, look through the table of contents and re-read only
the material you don't remember well.
● Make up a quiz to test your knowledge or have someone quiz you.
● Discuss the material with a small study group.
● Use your last hours for a final review of your notes, flash cards, outline, etc.
● Include exercise, sleep, and time with friends and family!
More Detailed Advice
Cramming for an exam “is a shortsighted, superficial, and utterly profitless struggle to cram a great deal of information into one's mind. Its chief product is to overlay what has been learned during the term with confusion."
William H. Armstrong, Study is Hard Work