Tips for Preparing for Exams
MAKE AN EXAM STUDY SCHEDULE
Your study schedule might include the following steps:
● Attend work periods for classes in which you need extra support.
● Review all tests and quizzes.
● Reread and underline class notes.
● Make flash cards, a mind map, a list, or an outline.
● If your class uses a textbook, look through the table of contents and re-read only
the material you don't remember well.
● Make up a quiz to test your knowledge or have someone quiz you.
● Discuss the material with a small study group.
● Use your last hours for a final review of your notes, flash cards, outline, etc.
● Include exercise, sleep, and time with friends and family!
Use Spaced Retrieval Practice to study. Don’t cram.
See Mrs. Perkins for handouts that detail how to study using this method or view the links here.
More Detailed Advice
Spring 2023 Exam Schedule
Cramming for an exam “is a shortsighted, superficial, and utterly profitless struggle to cram a great deal of information into one's mind. Its chief product is to overlay what has been learned during the term with confusion."
William H. Armstrong, Study is Hard Work