Mountain Lion Club
SAS Mountain Lion Club Mission:
- To inspire interest in SAS athletics and encourage parents, students, alumni, and community members to be involved in our athletic programs as fans and volunteers.
- To encourage community building through athletic events and volunteer opportunities.
- To serve the SAS community, our fans, and our guests by providing concessions at all home events.
- To provide supplemental financial support to SAS athletics through season passes, concessions, gate collection, and special functions.
Come rain, snow, or Sewanee fog, the SAS Mountain Lion Club attends athletic contests, collecting gate, selling concessions, and helping to organize and staff meets and tournaments. The group raises money to supplement the athletic department budget and provide support for pep buses, coaches' gear, athletic equipment, facilities improvements and maintenance, and more. Join now.
Mountain Lion Club members receive an annual pass for all regular season home athletic contests.
Join the Mountain Lion Club!
MLC Work Day
The 2019 MLC work day was Saturday, Aug. 3 at 9 a.m. followed by a BBQ lunch at 11:30 a.m.
Mountain Lion Club 2019-2020
Become a member of the SAS Mountain Lion Club. With your $75 annual membership, you receive free entry to all of the 2019-20 regular season home contests. Please note that your membership is not tax deductible. (If you did not request a Mountain Lion pass during registration, there is still time. Contact Shawna Midgett to purchase your pass.
2019-2020 Mountain Lion Club Leadership
Brent Hobby and Melissa and Ty Burnette
Help us welcome fans and sell concessions.
Thanks to the MLC!
In 2018-2019, the MLC raised over $30,000 and helped to fund:
- school shields for gym and gym lobby
- wrestling mat
- track equipment, including a record board, high jump pad and stand, and long jump board and runway covers
- baseball mound reconstruction
- tennis court resurface
- Shoot-A-Way pass back machine for basketball
- cameras to provide live feeds of football, soccer, basketball, and volleyball games