The St. Andrew's-Sewanee School campus is home to a beautiful man-made lake created decades ago by the monks and students of St. Andrew’s School. The “Res”, as it is called, is restricted to school use during most of the year. However, for a small portion of the summer members of the extended SAS community may use the Res if they have a permit.
2019 Res Use Policy
The Res season runs June 3 - July 30, 2019 at sundown
To be eligible to apply for and purchase a Res pass and parking permit, community members must have an SAS sponsor employed by the school (signature will be required) and be at least 18 years old. APPLICATION can be made at the SAS Administrative Offices in Langford Hall between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday - Friday, on or after May 20, 2019. Please note that the office will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27, 2019. Season permits are $75. A one weekend permit may be purchased for $25. SAS alumni and current parents may purchase a season permit for $25. The Res MAY NOT be used by permit holders until June 3.
Group rates for those not affiliated with SAS or the University of the South will be $150 per half day for up to 25 individuals. Groups must provide lifeguards and proof of insurance. To apply for group use, contact Andrea Booher.
In addition to having a permit and parking pass, all Res users must abide by the regulations below:
- No one may swim alone.
- No dogs permitted.
- No rope swings may be installed or used.
- Use is permitted only between dawn and dusk each day.
- Minor guests must be accompanied by someone over 21.
- No glass containers, alcoholic beverages or any illegal substance may be brought to or consumed at the Res.
- Fireworks, firearms and other weapons are not permitted.
- Smoking and fires are prohibited.
- Trash is not to be thrown in the water or left on the grounds.
- Conduct befitting a school environment will be displayed at all times.
- Res pass holder must have pass with him/her when at the Res and display a Visitor’s Parking Permit in the left rear window of their vehicle.
The Res will be patrolled for proper use but lifeguards are not present. Users swim and use the Res at their own risk.
For more information or group use, contact Chief Financial Officer Sarah Lodge, 931.463.2163.
Looking for more summer activities?
Be sure to check out SAS Summer for camps, workshops, and more.