Challenge. Balance. Joy.
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School is a private, co-educational, Episcopal, boarding and day college preparatory school serving 240 students in grades 6-12. We CHALLENGE our students to fulfill their greatest potential while helping them to cultivate lives of BALANCE and JOY.
Honoring its Episcopal heritage as an inclusive Christian community, St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School offers a superior college preparatory education, bringing all students to a richer spiritual, intellectual, social, physical, and aesthetic awareness so that they might lead lives of honor and loving service to God and others.
Perspective: We cultivate a global connection while celebrating our unique location.
Communication: We are thoughtful in the messages we share individually, collectively, and institutionally; communicating with care and consideration for others.
Preparation: We value and foster resourcefulness, an essential trait for engaging in real work inthe real world.
Voice: We value and empower the many voices in our community, encouraging and teaching students both how to listen and how to be heard.
Well-Being: We prioritize the health and well-being of each individual and our school in our decision making.
- New members of our community quickly feel welcome and valued.
- Our intellectually, socially, and economically diverse student body blends well.
- We enjoy the educational, recreational, and creative opportunities provided by our beautiful campus.
- Our relationship with the University of the South provides extraordinary opportunities for our students.
- We foster a healthy balance between work and play.
- Our students are encouraged to formulate their own values and beliefs.
- Students find enduring mentors among our faculty and staff.
- Our graduates thrive in advanced college coursework, self-advocacy, and written communication.
SAS is accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS).
National Association of Independent Schools, The College Board, American Secondary Schools for International Students (ASSIST), National Association for College Admissions Counseling, One Schoolhouse, Southern Association for College Admissions Counseling, Cum Laude Society, Association of College Counselors in Independent Schools, Tennessee Association of Independent Schools (TAIS), Tennessee Association of Episcopal Schools (TAES).
SAS is a place where everyone fits in, regardless of their individual strengths and talents.
SAIS Accreditation Report